The Business Insights Analyst will work with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to develop solutions for complex, and ambiguous business challenges. The Analyst will be integral in determining the profitability of current business processes, product development, and new initiatives. Additionally, the Analyst will develop financial models and conduct ad-hoc analysis that provide ThinkGeek leadership with the appropriate tools and resources they need to measure the performance of the company’s retail, wholesale, and product development objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate data into actionable insights for the organization.
- Work closely with business partners to optimize processes. Ensure operational processes are aligned with financial targets. Use data and insights to collaboratively determine the next best action.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis based on the strategic needs of the business.
- Perform variance analysis of actual results to budget, forecast, and last year. Make recommendations based on past performance and predicted trends.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports that measure the profitability of the business. Ensure reports are accurate, timely, and relevant based on business requirements.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Influence decision makers to make profitable decisions based on analysis and data.
- Desire and aptitude to work independently, communicate effectively and concisely, demonstrate high level of personal accountability, lead collaboratively, and apply critical thinking and sound judgment when faced with unstructured situations
- Deductive reasoning skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity and analytical ability.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience required.
- 2-4 years in an analytical role required.
- Knowledge of Excel required.
- Knowledge of SQL, Hyperion, NetSuite, and Tableau preferred.
- Experience querying databases to clean and aggregate relevant data preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of GAAP and common accounting terminology
- Ability and desire to learn the business and its cost drivers in order to clearly explain the story behind the numbers, not just report the numbers.
- Ability to work with large amounts of multi-faceted data to create insightful and meaningful information used in driving sound business decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time and successfully meet deadlines with little supervision.
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dog-friendly Office
- ThinkGeek / GameStop Employee Discount
ThinkGeek, founded in 1999, is the number one destination in the galaxy for smart products and unique gifts that appeal to the geek community. We're a lean, multi-channel retailer and product-development company manufacturing over 400 exclusive items annually, spanning most consumer products categories and 40+ licenses. We're innovative marketers with a dedicated and passionate fan-base in the millions, and we're a member of the Game Stop family since 2015.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can embrace their inner geek and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic product experiences that stimulate our fans' imaginations and fuel their geek core.
No third party submissions, please!