The Manager, Multi-Channel Operations & Logistics is responsible for maintain the process, communications, and data required for efficient supply chain operations. As new product is our life-blood, the Manger will have a direct impact on the organization's growth engine. Through effective process and freight management, they will increase the overall financial efficiency. To accomplish this they will need to forge strong relationships with Operations,Marketing, Merchandising, Wholesale, Geeklabs, and Technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Serves as the primary communications gateway between external distribution centers and ThinkGeek and GameStop internal teams.
- Responsible for the operational monitoring and reporting of inbound shipping operations to include but not limited to:o Effective order and freight management to ensure on-time and cost effective delivery of product
- Creation of inbound volume and thru-put forecast so Ensures accurate and timely entry of product attributes required for warehouse operations
- Supports ThinkGeek's multi-channel strategy through operational management of open inventory purchase orders and drop ship operations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to the Marketing, Merchandising, and Wholesale teams around product arrival and availability.
- Supports internal & external product safety and compliance requirement programs.
- Manages all aspects of the product pipeline from manufacturing to warehouse delivery.
- Provides support to the outbound shipping operations team through performance monitoring of logistics centers.
- Monitors outbound freight expense and works with merchant and operations teams to optimize.
- Manages the inventory transfer process to support inter-warehouse replenishment, outbound wholesale operations, and inventory control.
- Monitors, investigates, and takes direct action on inventory discrepancies.
- Sets performance goals - Collaboratively works with direct reports to set meaningful performance objectives; sets specific performance goals and identifies measures for evaluating goal achievement.
- Leverages one's understanding - Uses understanding of business, industry, and own organization's performance to maximize results, limit risk, and effectively direct own department, team, or the organization.
- Guides development - Provides guidance and positive models to help others develop; seeks suggestions for improving performance; collaboratively creates development plans that include activities targeted to specific goals; leverages environmental supports and removes development barriers; advocates for individual to higher levels of management to create development opportunities.
- Targets opportunities - Systematically evaluates business opportunities, targeting those with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
- Formulates influence strategy -Devises an influence approach that favorably positions one's own agenda while addressing the shared goals of key decision makers; prepares an influence strategy that leverages supporting factors and breaks through barriers.
- Minimizing Complexity - Formulating workable solutions to complex challenges; logically deliberating on courses of action by examining and challenging assumptions, discerning hidden value, objectively evaluating evidence, and assessing conclusions.
- Emotional Intelligence - Leveraging high levels of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management, capacity to manage behavior, navigate social complexities and make personal decisions to achieve positive results.
- Operational Excellence - Driving efficiency through process mapping/improvement, strong cross-functional collaboration and technology enhancements.
- Building Strategic Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions
- Technical & Professional Knowledge/Skills - Remains current with developments and trends in areas the logistics area
- Work Standards- Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- BS in Business Administration, or a related discipline OR other relevant qualifications.
- 5+ years and proven track record of leading and developing, and managing successful operations & logistics teams and individuals.
- 3+ years of experience in project, logistics, or operations management
- Expertise with multi-channel sales and operation processes.
- Experience with initiating and leading medium to large scale business systems projects within the consumer goods/retail industry.
- Strong self-motivation, creativity and ability to work independently.
- Highly skilled in third party vendor management.
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes.
- Experience with warehouse/shipping administration, EDI, or order fulfillment preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members.
- Expert ability to direct and manage complex logistics and operational programs including strategy, execution, and reporting.
- Solid understanding of logistics operations including procurement (PO management), inbound/outbound operations, freight, landed cost, and inventory management.
- Familiarity with inventory accounting is a plus.
- Basic understanding of small package shipping and customs management.
- Proficient with the use of Excel for managing large data sets and preparing reports; basic SQL is a bonus.
- Expert interpersonal skills including persuasion, negotiation, leadership, and collaboration.
- Proficient collaboration skills, proven ability to form strong cross-functional relationships with varying business partners.
- Working ability to effectively recruit, hire, coach, train, develop, retain, and redirect others as needed in order to produce a successful team.
- Expert understanding of organizational politics and emotional intelligence, including the ability to remain calm under cross-functional pressure and to navigate emotionally-charged conversations skillfully.
- Expert relational acumen, including the ability to conduct difficult conversations productively, to identify and leverage key relationships throughout the organization, and to put others' interests ahead of his or her own.
- Expert understanding of conflict management, including negotiation and consensus building.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to ThinkGeek policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
Comprehensive benefits plans
Generous Paid Time Off Policy
401(k) Plan with Company Match
ThinkGeek / GameStop Employee Discount
ThinkGeek, founded in 1999, is the number one destination in the galaxy for smart products and unique gifts that appeal to the geek community. We're a lean, multi-channel retailer and product-development company manufacturing over 400 exclusive items annually, spanning most consumer products categories and 40+ licenses. We're innovative marketers with a dedicated and passionate fan-base in the millions, and we're a member of the Game Stop family since 2015.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can embrace their inner geek and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic product experiences that stimulate our fans' imaginations and fuel their geek core.
No third party submissions, please!