Working with general supervision, the ERP Systems Analyst provides hands-on system configuration and data management support for an organization wide ERP application. Associates in the role will have/learn functional expertise of the application and contribute to improvements and enhancements for mission-critical daily needs and organizational initiatives. The associate interacts with their leader occasionally during the week, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a director’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Confer with staff of organizational units to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and understand specific requirements such as forms of data input, how data will be summarized and used, formats for reports, etc.
- Analyze information problems, requested changes, and required modifications to develop appropriate business process solutions.
- Design a detailed description of user needs. Work with technical resources to develop, test, and document software in order to implement and maintain an operational system.
- Plan, develop/configure, test, and release application changes on a daily and project basis.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolve issues during systems upgrades, ensure that requirements documentation is easily translated into UAT (user acceptance training)/functional test plans, and ensure that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
- Create effective application reporting needed to support the business unit information requirements.
- Ensure pertinent system, user guide, and training documentation are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Performs other information technology and business analysis duties as required to support assigned enterprise systems.
- Building Strategic Relationships — developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills — having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Adaptability — maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Business and Analytical Acumen - Using product and industry information to understand and improve business results; understanding major business functions, industry trends, and GameStop’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business/operations analysis, MIS, Accounting or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in related positions or equivalent work + education experience will be considered
- Experience with basic principles of accounting or willingness to learn required
- Experience working in corporate retail and/or accounting systems desirable
- Experience with ERP implementation and configuration is preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient written/verbal communication and presentation skills using spoken English
- Proficient ability to meet demanding, evolving and potentially overlapping deadlines through proficient contingency planning
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, especially Outlook, Excel and Word
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to ThinkGeek and GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dog-friendly Office
- ThinkGeek / GameStop Employee Discount
ThinkGeek, founded in 1999, is the number one destination in the galaxy for smart products and unique gifts that appeal to the geek community. We're a lean, multi-channel retailer and product-development company manufacturing over 400 exclusive items annually, spanning most consumer products categories and 40+ licenses. We're innovative marketers with a dedicated and passionate fan-base in the millions, and we're a member of the Game Stop family since 2015.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can embrace their inner geek and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic product experiences that stimulate our fans' imaginations and fuel their geek core.
No third party submissions, please!